There are four types of visas available for study in this country:
- Student visa
- Short - term study visa
- Child Student visa for primary school from 4 to 17 years
- Standard Visitor visa for a short period of up to 6 months
A student visa is optimal for those who are going to enroll in long-term study programs for 11 months or more. The visa entitles you to work up to 20 hours a week and during vacations in full-time employment.
A short-term study visa is valid for 6 to 11 months. It is allowed to work on it no more than 10 hours a week, as well as on a Standard Visitor visa.
The rules for applying for a visa are quite high in terms of their requirements and depend on the country of the applicant. To apply for a student visa to the UK, you must obtain the University of Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). On the official website, a questionnaire is filled out, after which, in one of the visa centers of your country, you make an appointment where you will need to submit biometrics and visa documents.
Required list of documents for a UK visa:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of submission;
- An extract from your bank account or who is the sponsor. At least £ 1,100. The account statement must be no more than a month at the time of submission of documents;
- In the case of sponsorship, the letter must confirm the sponsor's consent to funding;
- Consent from parents if the student is under 18;
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). The application is submitted no later than three weeks before the start of training and no earlier than 6 months before leaving for the UK;
- IELTS certificate;
- ATAS certificate for undergraduates;
- Certificate from the work of the parents or sponsor, indicating the position and salary;
- Consular and medical fees.
Moreover, if you want to renew your student visa, it is important that the curriculum is at a level higher than the previous one and is similar to your specialty. The cost of the visa is
£ 475. The deadline for submission is no earlier than 3 months before the start of the course.